Why cant I get over you
Why cant I forget
Its like watching a broken record
Replaying the same scene over and over again
the repition stabs at the memories in my heart
again and again and again...
Scences from the good times
and the times I would
Rather not see again
I keep seeing you pop up in my head
Even if I rather you not
I see things that remind me of you
And think what it would be like if you were
Still with me
I guess I will never know
Sometimes that bothers me
But it was the best decision for us
at the turning points in our life
Seeing you walk all alone in the hallway
Part of me wonders if im supposed to be attached to you
Hand and hand making new memories
To replay on my record that may not
Be broken…..if you were still here
But it was right and now I know
we are both better off
blossoming into our own
learning from what we have gone through
that one year we were meant to be
we both helped each other
through challenging times
you were there for me to lean on
and I knew you would never let me fall
always there to pick me back up again
after brutal situations and remarks that were said
And all i ever want to say is thank you
you helped me through testing periods
in my life at the time
It was the right thing
and now i know for sure
we will always remember each other
our first love
and i will always think back
and remember good things
we each grew together
our lives were vined together
but it was time to branch off
and create a new beautiful vine
of our own......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment